The League's program is a list of priorities generated by the members every two years.
LWV Utah Program 2011-2013
- Promote an open governmental system that is representative, accountable, and responsive.
A. Act to improve the election process, including
- Monitoring the redistricting process for federal and state legislative offices,
- Promoting voter education and participation in the election process, focusing on the candidate selection process,
- Working with coalitions on initiative petitions in support of League positions on redistricting and ethics reform,
- Promoting revisions to Utah's election laws in keeping with the federal Help America Vote Act (HAVA) and other federal voting legislation , and incorporating safeguards to ensure the integrity of elections using electronic voting equipment,
- Using the concurrence process to adopt the Salt Lake League's position on election systems,
- Promoting campaign finance reform with a primary focus on campaign contribution limits for candidates for state offices,
- Investigating changing the processes for selecting candidates for state office.
B. Promote transparency in government, including
- Observing and reporting to members on General Sessions and Interim Meetings of the Utah Legislature
- Monitoring and protecting Utah's GRAMA laws
- Act to protect Utah's citizen initiative process.
- Promote a sustainable lifestyle to preserve a Utah environment beneficial to life, focusing on climate change, air quality and energy issues.
- Act to promote community awareness of health care for the uninsured and review LWVUS position on health care.
- Review all current Utah League positions to resolve inconsistencies and to determine adequacy for action on current policy issues.
- Monitor issues of the Utah educational system, focusing on curriculum, elective, fiscal, and governance* matters.
*Governance of education means the formulation and implementation of policy for education.